Saturday 7 November 2009

Jane Marrows Designs




This brief was given to me by my girlfriend's mum, Jane Marrows, who is a successful textiles artist and teacher based in Nottingham. Jane sells her designs through her website, at relevant craft/art fairs and Craft Council venues. The brief was to design a logo which could be applied to the packaging of her products, business cards and labels.
I was able to take photographs of some of Jane's pieces which gave me some nice starting points. Jane works in textiles with a strong leaning towards hand made felt. Her work has great texture so by getting some really nice close up shots of the fibres used in Jane's work, I felt (no pun intended) that I had the device instantly in place that would link my designs with Jane's. I also asked if there were any recurring themes or elements which she uses in her work. Jane suggested the spiral was a frequent design form, so I had two solid starting points for the logo: texture and shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment